Subject: Re: scrolling in the console
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 06/04/2003 07:21:24
On 06/04 12:39, Dovli wrote:
> I cannot scroll in the console and I cannot use the function keys.  I
> have searched the mail archives, found that other people had the same
> problem but i did not see the workaround.  I have vt220 as terminal
> type.

NetBSD does not have any scrollback buffer support, though there are
patches floating around (for current) that add it. As a workaround, I
install GNU screen, which is in pkgsrc, and is handy in many other ways.

If by function keys you mean F1, etc., then that's because they aren't
bound to anything by default. I assume you want to use them to do
something in your shell, in which case you must configure to do so. See
your shell's documentation for information on how to do this.