Subject: Re: XKeyCaps pkg right click problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/28/2003 23:21:49
Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Manual for XKeyCaps package says, "Clicking right on a key pops up a
> menu of commands for the given key."
>
> And indeed it does pop up. And the menu items are bold, not
> ghosted. But I can't seem to select any of them, on any key.
>
> Anybody used XKeyCaps to modifiy a keyboard? Can you clue me
> in on how to select a righ-click menu item?

I tried it out on another box...

It is strange, but XKeyCaps works fine on my ancient
233MHz Gateway laptop with 96MB RAM...the same box where
py-idle always core-dumps.

But XKeyCaps right-click on buttons won't highlight
the menu items only on the 700Mz Celeron with 500MB
RAM and a 32MB video card...where py-idle runs fine.

The two boxes, aside from hardware, are configured
nearly identically. Both are dual-boot with 20GB
HDs and with, I'm pretty sure, nearly identical
config files all around. Even the users and passwords
are the same.

Both have very recently been upgraded to 1.6.1_STABLE
via CVS. Might these symptoms have anything to do with
one being Celeron and the other PII, or some such?

Am kind of puzzled. Anyone with an idea about it, I'd
be glad to hear about it.

Thanks

Gan

--