Subject: Re: overcoming BIOS disk size limitations
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: James Wetterau <jwjr@panix.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/25/2003 17:23:37
Patrick Welche says:
> On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 10:33:23AM -0400, James Wetterau wrote:
> ..
> > I've tried dropping out of sysinst and writing a correctly formatted
> > disklabel to the disk.
>
> At that point, could you mount the partitions you defined in the
> disklabel?

I didn't define any partitions on the disklabel.  All I specified on
the disklabel was the size of the disk.

The problem is that during the installation, even though, after I
wrote the disklabel sysinst correctly sees a 100GB disk, it also won't
let me touch anything after the first 32GB of the disk.  It won't let
me access any of the cylinders beyond there or create a BSD partition
that has any part after the first 32GB's.

I'm now installing.  Once I'm done installing, will there be some way
to get to the rest of the disk?  How would I do that?