Subject: washington DC, usa version dsl issues
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: None <jnr@cwru.edu>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2003 19:54:26
is anybody currently using netbsd as a dsl router/gateway?  i just recieved version's DSL package and am having trouble logging on via netbsd's pppoe.  i can plug my windoze computer into the DSL and get online (as is obvious from this e-mail), but i'd like to have a real firewall/gateway set up.

i have followed the instructions found at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/network/pppoe and still do not get a good connection.

i am running netbsd-current 1.6P (i386).  i have tried using pppoectl with myauthproto both pap and chap.

i can log in with my username and password on the windoze computer using verison's software.

does anyone know what i'm missing?  is there an access concentrator or service name i need to connect to?  do i have to use something other than my username and password in the myauthname and myauthproto options?  is should there be something other than hisauthproto=none?

please reply back if you have any suggestions.  i'd really like to get my firewall/gateway back up.

thanks,
--joe