Subject: Re: NetBSD ipfilter firewall.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: henry nelson <netb@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/23/2003 09:50:28
On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 02:05:19PM -0700, Randy Beaudreault wrote:
> I think this is your clue to your troubles.  You just may be
> encountering the infamous Path MTU Discovery (PMTUD) problem.  (Does
> mail.netbsd.org do PMTUD?)  Do you have this in your sysctl.conf:
> net.inet.tcp.mss_ifmtu=1

Could you post some good references on this problem?  Maybe it's related
to what I've been experiencing.  Unfortunately I'm behind a firewall that
is not under my control, but sometimes if I can explain the problem correctly
they'll take the time to fix it.  The problem I have is that some people
(a small percent) keep having their mail bounced back, or when I try to
write to those same people, their mail bounces back to me with an error
on _their_ server something to the effect that my domain doesn't exist.

TIA

--
henry nelson