Subject: Re: How to make packages for already installed files?
To: S. N. Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/22/2003 23:08:55
--sdEQJo40s7ofW8iR

hi,

On Thu, May 22, 2003 at 05:04:48PM -0400, S. N. Cho wrote:
>=20
> I was wondering if there was a way to create a package for programs
> that were already compiled and installed in the system similar to that
> build_done=3Dyes or install_done=3Dyes option in xsrc.  Thank you.

i am not sure i really understand what you want.  "build_done=3Dyes" is
similar to "make build" or just "make", and "install_done=3Dyes" is
similar to "make install", in case you still have the compiled sources
and work directory, you can type "make package" to create a binary
package.  otherwise look at pkgtools/pkg_tarup package, which can create
binary packages from already installed and registered packages.

HTH,

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --