Subject: Re: xterm: Can't execvp screen; sleep 10: Permission denied
To: Pierre-Philipp Braun <ppwb@club-internet.fr>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/19/2003 21:13:56
On Tue, 20 May 2003, Pierre-Philipp Braun wrote:

> > For xterm -e screen not working: I suspect it's a PATH problem.
> > Try xterm -e /usr/pkg/bin/screen (assuming screen is in /usr/pkg/bin of course)
>
> Yes it's into /usr/pkg/bin/ here. But even with full path, there is no
> changes, neither using xterm -e nor typing it into an xterm directly.

If the path (or filename) is wrong, then the xterm shouldn't close. It
should give an error, like:

  xterm: Can't execvp bogus: No such file or directory

And then give you your login shell. (And the new xterm shouldn't close.)

(Your problem is screen itself, as Robert E. just suggested.)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/