Subject: Re: xterm: Can't execvp screen; sleep 10: Permission denied
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Geoff Wing <mason@primenet.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/19/2003 01:41:28
Pierre-Philipp Braun <ppwb@club-internet.fr> typed:
: when i execute screen into a xterm nothing happends, screen isn't launched.
:
: When i say screen i mean /usr/pkgsrc/misc/screen/DESCR.
: When i say xterm i mean xterm or rxvt.
:
: When i execute
: xterm -e "screen; sleep 10"
: i get
: xterm: Can't execvp screen; sleep 10: Permission denied

Presumably this isn't being launched from a shell but from a window
application or window manager.  Is that right?  Also, you haven't
specified what you're trying to do.  Why do you want the sleep there?
If it was launched through a shell, it would run screen then upon exit
or disconnect from screen it would sleep ten seconds before closing
the xterm.  Since I can't see why you would want to do this, I'm
guessing you want to do something else.

: So how to launch a screen into an xterm?

xterm -e screen

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@pobox.com>