Subject: which file contains welcome/logon message?
To: NetBSD-help list <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: The Old Bear <oldbear@arctos.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/14/2003 23:39:39
Well, I finally "completed" the installation on the Sparc5, set up my
user accounts, changed the default terminal type, etc.

Now what I want to do is fix the welcome message text.  On a NetBSD system
we set up a couple of years ago, one is greeted with:

      Welcome to Lizzie's Place!
      You are about to login to komodo-dragon
      This system is a Sparc IPC running NetBSD for sparc
      You are connected to the ttyp0 port

      login:

But my new Sparc5 install welcomes one with the generic:

      NetBSD/sparc (sunbear) (ttyp0)

      login:

After considerable head-scratching, I can't remember where this message
is stored.  It would be much appreciated if someone would be so kind
as to point me at the file.

Again, thanks.

Will
The Old Bear