Subject: Re: NetBSD Java-capable browsers?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/14/2003 07:23:25
On 05/14 13:01, David Brownlee wrote:
> On Tue, 13 May 2003, Soren Jacobsen wrote:
> > I've successfully used native phoenix with a native jdk13 build.
> > http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/jdk13.html for information
> > on building a native jdk. Just build the plugin and go. Simple. This
> > should work for any other browser that can handle Netscape plugins,
> > though phoenix and mozilla are the only ones I've tried.
>
> 	Would anyone be interested in submitting a pkgsrc entry - or
> 	would the be legal reasons for not making it available in such a
> 	form? I would have thought it would be fine providing the user
> 	has to download the SDK & patchset by hand...?  --

There is already a package in pkgsrc-wip. And although I have not looked
at it myself, I believe that, as you say, the user must download the
java sources and patches himself. Also, and I'm not so sure on this one,
I seem to recall that the plugin was not built by default. But that's
not a difficult issue to solve.