Subject: Re: NetBSD Java-capable browsers?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Soren Jacobsen <soren@blef.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/13/2003 22:58:30
On 05/14 00:03, Richard Rauch wrote:
> If I want to use a Java-capable web-browser on NetBSD, what options do I
> have other than the GNU/LINUX version of Netscape?  Is there any?
>
> Preferably one that isn't tied to a particular window-manager/desktop.
> (E.g., Konqueror is less than ideal, but if it can do Java I could probably
> convince myself to build KDE for it.)

I've successfully used native phoenix with a native jdk13 build.
http://www.eyesbeyond.com/freebsddom/java/jdk13.html for information on
building a native jdk. Just build the plugin and go. Simple. This should
work for any other browser that can handle Netscape plugins, though
phoenix and mozilla are the only ones I've tried.