Subject: Re: Sparc 5 install won't
To: The Old Bear <oldbear@arctos.com>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/10/2003 23:57:18
--5p8PegU4iirBW1oA

On Sat, May 10, 2003 at 04:53:34PM -0400, The Old Bear wrote:
>=20
> Thanks for the reply. I am working with 1.6.1 :
>=20
> --> NetBSD 1.6.1 (INSTALL) #0: Wed Apr  9 03:17:43 UTC 2003
>     .  .  .
>=20
> If I boot from the install Disk1 floppy and continue to Disk2 floppy
> where I can get to a working shell:
>=20
>     # ls
>=20
>     .profile     dist         install.md   mnt          sysinst      usr
>     bin          etc          install.sub  mnt2         tmp          var
>     dev          install      kern         sbin         upgrade
>     #

this is the / file system in the ramdisk, not your hard drive.

at this point mount your / from the hard drive to e.g., /mnt and get the
kernel from ftp server, unmount and reboot if you want 1.6 system.

you can just install 1.6.1 as well at this time, though.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --