Subject: Re: Lib mysqlclient Problem
To: Diego Linke - GAMK <linke@calnet.com.br>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/08/2003 14:29:15
--m9FEOsnejx470nED

On Thu, May 08, 2003 at 09:20:08AM -0300, Diego Linke - GAMK wrote:
>=20
> I looked in man page of the GCC more I did not find nothing on option
> -R. For what it serves accurately ?

that's because it's not a gcc option but ld(1) option.

gcc(1):

    Linker Options
           -llibrary -nostartfiles -nostdlib -static -shared
           -symbolic -Xlinker option -Wl,option -u symbol
                                     ^^^^^^^^^^

it means that options after -Wl are passed to linker.

ld(1):

    -rpath dir
        Add  a  directory  to the runtime library search path.
        This is used  when  linking  an  ELF  executable  with
        shared objects.  All -rpath arguments are concatenated
        and passed to the runtime linker, which uses  them  to
        locate  shared  objects at runtime.  The -rpath option
        is also used when locating shared  objects  which  are
        needed  by  shared  objects explicitly included in the
        link; see the description of the  -rpath-link  option.
        If  -rpath is not used when linking an ELF executable,
        the contents of the environment variable "LD_RUN_PATH"
        will be used if it is defined.

        For compatibility with other ELF linkers,  if  the -R
        option  is followed by a directory name, rather than a
        file name, it is treated as the -rpath option.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --
--                  <salo@silcnet.org>                   --