Subject: mac hd sc problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: gong li <gongli@cutey.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/07/2003 18:29:17
hi

background:
i have an old performa 636cd, 68lc040 which i dont have the money to upgrade.  i dont believe it has the emulation bug since its a later 68lc040, just no fp.  it has a single harddrive, 1 hfs partition. regardless, i would like to install netbsd, i downloaded the 1.6.1 iso, made the netbsd folder.  i dont have the 19 floppies of macos 7.5.3 and would like to avoid getting them if possible.

situation:
i would like to partition the disk, but when i run the apple hd sc utility, it doesn't see any drives.  when i click "get info" on my hard drive, it says id0.

questions:
0. is netbsd on 68lc040 worthless?

1. how can i get hd sc to find and partition my harddrive?

2. do i need 1 macos partition to boot into and run the netbsd booter, and another partition which is netbsd native root/usr?

3. if the answer 2 is yes, then since the partitioning destroys the contents of the harddrive, how do i make sure there's a macos partition where i can run the booter from?
thanks for any help.  im looking forward to running netbsd!

-gong
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup