Subject: Re: How do I add mouse support to Lynx
To: Beaker <beaker@myrealbox.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/06/2003 08:21:05
On Tue, 6 May 2003, Beaker wrote:

> Could someone please tell me how to enable mouse support in Lynx? I've built
> ncurses from pkgsrc already and have the following lines in ../lynx/Makefile:
> # for certain settings of --with-screen.
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --with-screen=${LYNX_SCREEN_LIB}
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-default-colors
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-scrollbar
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-ncurses
> CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-use_mouse
>
> I've also set USE_MOUSE:TRUE in lynx.cfg - STILL I can't seem to get the mouse
> to work. BTW, this is lynx-2.8.4.1.4 with NetBSD-1.6/sparc on a Sparc 5. I had
> the mouse working on 1.5.2/sparc2, but I don't remember what (if anything) I
> did make it work.

1) Is it actually using ncurses? Check "ldd /usr/pkg/bin/lynx". If the
binary isn't linked against either ncurses or slang, there's no chance
for -use_mouse to work. I think you have to set USE_NCURSES somewhere
to get buildlink to actually offer ncurses to the build, and then you
may still have to trick "configure" into not using the includes in the
default path. It may be easier to use slang.

2) Try invoking it with the command line option -use_mouse. At least,
that used to work with slang, when slang was the default.

Frederick