Subject: Re: About sudo and sudoers...
To: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
From: Antti Kantee <pooka@cs.hut.fi>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/05/2003 02:11:12
On Sun May 04 2003 at 18:55:52 -0400, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1. How do I configure sudoers for longer than 5 minutes?
>
> 2. Does sudo do ANYTHING besides time out on root privileges?
>
> Running 'make update' can take forever. I can't just sit here
> all day and wait for a password prompt. It is a bloody
> nuisance.

This is what I usually have on machines where I "don't care":
pooka   ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

If you simply wish to extend the password timeout delay, reading
sudoers(5) suggests timestamp_timeout is something you should use.

  - antti

--
Antti Kantee <pooka@iki.fi>                     Of course he runs NetBSD
http://www.iki.fi/pooka/                          http://www.NetBSD.org/