Subject: mozilla & ipv6 sites
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/05/2003 00:05:51
I have been experiencing a problem w/ mozilla and visiting ipv6 sites since
an upgrade to mozilla 1.3.

I experience this:
When attempting to use mozilla to visit an ipv6 enabled www site mozilla
seems to do a dns lookup and then does nothing, i.e. never bothers making
the http request.

A few things of note.
+ Only occurs when trying to access ipv6 enabled www sites.
+ Mozilla is on a host that access the internet via ipnat.
+ ipf passes in/out from any to any (for simplification).
+ Other browsers do not suffer from this problem, infact no other application
  suffers from this problem (as far as I can tell).
+ tcpdump shows that the dns lookup is made, but http request is not (this is
  confirmed by ipmon)
+ The use of a proxy (like squid) works around the problem.
+ NetBSD 1.6.1 (i386) straight off ftp.netbsd.org also experienced under
  -current.

Suggestions?

Thanks
--