Subject: mixing ``1.6'' Binaries and ``current'' source packages?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Hafner <hafner@sdf-eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 05/03/2003 14:16:52
Hello,

my NetBSD book proposes to use the package source tree from
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-current/. But almost all of my
installation came still from a set of CDROMs containing NetBSD 1.6
binary packages. Nevertheless installing exim and exim-html from the
current package sourcetree seemed to work. Is it dangerous to mix
different versions (1.6 and 1.6.1) that way? If so, what do I have to
configure? Otherwise: what are the advantages or disadvantages of
different versions? Maybe when choosing one way, I'll be forced to
download more and more through my poor dialup connection, because of
the dependency from new library releases?

Regards
  Thomas

--
+-----+ Thomas Hafner +-----+