Subject: Re: copying audio CDs
To: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
From: dieter <dieter@opensource.rave.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/23/2003 13:27:59
Rasputin to netbsd-help@netbsd.org about copying audio CDs:

> This is working but seems a bit chuggy, I wondered if there's a way to
> copy the entire CD at once?
>
> cdrdao and cdd both seemed interesting (from potrts) but they seem to be
> of the 'copy one cd drive to another' approach. Is there a way to do
> the equivalent of an 'ISO' for audio CDs?

Cdrdao can do that. From the manpage:
read-cd
     Copies all tracks of the inserted CD to an image file and cre-
     ates a corresponding toc-file.  The name of the image file
     defaults to "data.bin" if no --datafile option is given.

> Anyone got a quick n dirty command line for copying whole audio
> CDs? Preferably not X (it's a headless chuangfung minicube).

regards,
dieter

--

	There is virtue in doing the right thing just for
	the sake of doing it right.  -- Nicholas Petreley