Subject: Re: Samba on NetBSD 1.6
To: Dominik Noetzel <dominik.noetzel@t-online.de>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/19/2003 23:37:00
--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

* Dominik Noetzel (dominik.noetzel@t-online.de) wrote:
=20
> NetBSD is my first serios try with a unix-enviroment, i figured out a lot,
> but much more is still mystery to me :-)
> Installing Packages with pkg_add is no problem, but i don=B4t get anyother
> Software running :-(
> As the subject says, i=B4m trying to get Samba started on my box, but i
> already fail installing, i got the samba-latest.tar.gz from the samba sit=
e,
> unpacked it, now i have a directory with content but no clue what to
> do with it.

Usually you have to compile your obtained software, this is mostly done with
make. But I would strongly recommend to use either a samba package provided
by NetBSD or to use pksrc, which provides a perfect way for installing
software.=20
Take a look at http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/

--=20
Menschen f=FCrchteten die Dunkelheit. Vertrieben sie mit Feuer.

Ayanami Rei

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf

--zhXaljGHf11kAtnf--