Subject: Re: Anybody have an older pkgsrc.tar.gz with mozilla 1.2.1?
To: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/13/2003 11:37:55
Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> On Sun, 13 Apr 2003, Gan Uesli Starling wrote:
>

>>Might anybody have an older pkgsrc.tar.gz with
>>mozilla 1.2.1 as www/mozilla versus the current
>>1.3 version? I blew mine away in the last update
>>and now have serious FTP problems with Mozilla 1.3.
>>
>>I would like to convert back to 1.2.1 as an
>>experiment for problem repeatibility. If you would
>>be so kind as to e-mail that to me it would be
>>great.
>

> There's a mozilla-1.2.1nb2 binary package on ftp.netbsd.org. You could
> also download pkgsrc.tgz from the ".../NetBSD-1.6/source" directory,
> or you could use "cvs update" with the "-D" or "-r" options to get any
> date or tag you want.
>

>>As it turns out Mozilla 1.3 only seems to refuse
>>to do annonymous FTP. I can do this...
>>
>>ftp://username@127.0.0.1
>>
>>...from same box, and also this...
>>
>>ftp://username@192.168.0.2
>>
>>...to other box just fine. But this...
>>
>>ftp://ftp.netbsd.org
>>
>>...is total no go along with to any
>>other org or to an ftp link on any
>>web page.
>

> Are you sure it's not the problem reported in PR pkg/20919?

Not sure of anything at this point. Let me see...

>     http://www.NetBSD.org/cgi-bin/query-pr-single.pl?number=20919

Didn't find that one because I had only seen problem with urls
for FTP. But sure enough, if I try those other URL's in this
PR they fail as described. I had always typed 'netbsd.org'
and never 'www.netbsd.org' so I didn't see that one.

> What happens if you try ftp4.netbsd.org?

Cool! That works. I had searched NetBSD.org and Google only
for Mozilla/FTP bugs. The ipv6 vs 4 biz did not occur to me.

Thanks,

Gan

--

  Mistera Sturno - Rarest Extinct Bird