Subject: Probs with pppoe
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: J. Piers Hearn <endareth@spamcop.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 04/02/2003 21:19:32
Hey guys, just having a prob with my pppoe connection and wondering if you
can shed some light on it.
I sometimes get disconnections on my adsl, in such a way that it fails to
auto-reconnect. That aside, I sometimes can't even manually reconnect. I
would expect the following to fully reset the connection:

/sbin/ifconfig pppoe0 destroy
/sbin/ifconfig ne0 down
(Manually reset modem here)
/sbin/ifconfig pppoe0 create
/sbin/ifconfig ne0 up
/sbin/pppoectl -e ne0 pppoe0
/sbin/pppoectl pppoe0 myauthproto=pap 'myauthname=MyLogin'
'myauthsecret=MyPassword' hisauthproto=none query-dns=3
/sbin/ifconfig pppoe0 up

However this sometimes fails to get me back up and running. Needless to
say, a full reset of the machine works every time.
What am I missing?

Thanks,
Piers