Subject: Please help me configuring wine
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf-200303@steinba.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/31/2003 22:51:47
Hi,

after installing pkgsrc/emulators/wine (20030219nb1), I had
problems setting up the directory which serves as the C:
drive (/var/wine).

As described in section 3.2 of the the users guide on
www.winehq.org, I
 - created the windows, windows/system, windows/Start Menu,
   and windows/Start Menu/Programs directories in /var/wine
 - copied /usr/pkg/share/examples/wine/wine.conf to ~/.wine/config
 - adjusted this file (the Drive A, C, and D entries)
and then tried to run
    programs/regapi/regapi setValue < winedefault.reg
(regapi had not been installed, but I found it under work.i386
in the pkgsrc wine directory). This produced the following
output:

Warning: could not find wine config [Drive x] entry for current working
directory /usr/pkgsrc/emulators/wine/work.i386/wine-20030219; starting in
windows directory.
/usr/pkgsrc/emulators/wine/work.i386/wine-20030219/miscemu/wine: cannot find
'programs/regapi/regapi.exe.so'

file programs/regapi/regapi.exe.so yields:
programs/regapi/regapi.exe.so: ELF 32-bit LSB shared object, Intel 80386,
version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

Ignoring this error, I tried to run the first Win app: setup.exe
from the WinCVS distribution:

wine SETUP.EXE
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin msacm.imaadpcm:
Cannot open "/usr/pkg/lib/wine/msacm.imaadpcm.so"
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin msacm.msadpcm:
Cannot open "/usr/pkg/lib/wine/msacm.msadpcm.so"
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin _setup.dll:
Cannot open "/usr/pkg/lib/wine/_setup.dll.so"
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin _ins5176._mp:
Cannot open "/usr/pkg/lib/wine/_ins5176._mp.so"
fixme:reg:GetSystemInfo not yet supported on this system
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin msacm.imaadpcm:
Cannot open "/usr/pkg/lib/wine/msacm.imaadpcm.so"
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin msacm.msadpcm:
Cannot open "/usr/pkg/lib/wine/msacm.msadpcm.so"
err:module:BUILTIN32_dlopen failed to load .so lib for builtin _isdel.exe:
Cannot open "/usr/pkg/lib/wine/_isdel.exe.so"

This opened the splash screen (although a bit shifted) and
then the green setup window (obviously running the setup).
But then nothing more happend. I was left with several wine
related processes, two of them showing as
/usr/pkg/bin/wine E:\134_INS5176._MP

Is there a HOWTO document describing how to configure wine
on NetBSD? No I need some special kernel options (besides
USER_LDT which is already enabled)? Maybe add a MESSAGE for
the pkg?

TIA for any help!

    Ingolf

PS: NetBSD 1.6_STABLE on i386