Subject: Re: 1.6 disk2 problem
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: beaker <beaker@freeshell.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/26/2003 19:55:47
> > Can anyone help me out here? I have ftp running on my PC and have downloaded
> > the binary sets and all i need now is for the second floppy to work and then
> > i can download / complete the entire installation.

I had the same problem - I believe the 1.6 floppies are still not fixed, so the
work-around is to use the 1.5.2 boot floppies. If you search the archives you'll find
several references to this problem. Basically, the solution is to make the 1.5.2 floppies,
set up your FTP server with the 1.6 sets (making sure that the kernels are in /sets/kernel/ ,
then boot the 1.5.2 floppies and install via sysinst or manually.

I kinda thought the 1.6 floppies were fixed by now but guess not...

Cheers,

Beaker                /
                 o  /
                 </
              /
            /

--
Quality Control, n.: The process of testing one out of every 1,000 units coming off a production line to make sure that at least one out of 100 works.