Subject: USB mice, X11, and laptops ...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Phil Nelson <philnelson@attbi.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/23/2003 20:49:13
Hi,

   I've looked for an answer to this, but I haven't found one yet .... so=
 I'm=20
asking here.   I have NetBSD-1.6 on a i386 laptop and every now and then =
I=20
want to use a USB mouse with the laptop.  I have been able to get X11 to=20
recognize both the builtin mouse and the USB mouse.  The big problem is w=
hen=20
I need to sleep (zzz) the laptop or reconnect the USB mouse.   When X sta=
rts=20
with the USB mouse connected, it works great.  But, once it is disconnect=
ed=20
either by a direct removal or a sleep, I have to restart X to get the USB=
=20
mouse to work again.

   Is there something that requests X to reopen all mouse devices so I do=
n't=20
hve to exit X and restart it to get the USB mouse working?

   Thanks!

 --Phil