Subject: when to 'make clean' in the kernel compile directory?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/22/2003 00:54:34
Hello,

afterboot(8) man page (from -current) says:

     If you are building your kernel again, before you do a make you
should do a make depend after making changes (including updates or
patches) to your kernel source, or a make clean after making changes to
your kernel options.

Is the part about 'make clean' true? I was thinking that make
automatically determine which options have changed and determine what
should be recompiled, and that special files created by config named
opt_xxx.h are used for that.  I never did 'make clean'.

config(8) man page is silent about that...

Bye	Pavel

[ please Cc: me, I'm not subscribed to this list ]