Subject: Re: Missing library?
To: Dominic Jones <dominicj@cs.utah.edu>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/21/2003 00:17:26
On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Dominic Jones wrote:

> 	Hi. I just reinstalled a bunch of packages (compelled by adding
> one new app), and now multiple applications are failing with the following
> message:
>
> Shared object "libintl.so.1" not found
>
> 	Any comments? Do I need to reinstall some particular package?

If you rebuild the affected packages, they'll then use libintl.so.0.0
in the base system. (You must have had some packages built against a
very old version of gettext or gettext-lib?) The offender may actually
be a single shared library on which the others depend, so don't
overlook the shared libaries. Something like the following could help
you identify the package(s) to rebuild:

  for s in /usr/pkg/lib/lib*.so /usr/X11R6/lib/lib*.so
  do
      objdump --private-headers $s \
      | grep -q 'NEEDED.*intl.so.1' && pkg_info -Fe $s
  done

and similarly for binaries.

Frederick