Subject: Re: xmess DGA problem
To: Daniel Bolgheroni <dab__@uol.com.br>
From: David Ferlier <david@netbsd-fr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/19/2003 02:07:35
On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 06:26:50PM +0000, Daniel Bolgheroni wrote:
> I'm trying to emulate a Z-80/Sega Master System game with xmess compiled from pkgsrc, but without success.
>
> xmess give the message that DGA requires root rights. So, as root, I typed:
>
> # xmess -cartridge wboy2.sms -sl sms
> XF86DGAQueryExtension failed
> Use of DGA-modes is disabled
> warning: no mixer plugins available
> info: trying to parse: /usr/X11R6/share/xmess/xmessrc
> info: trying to parse: /root/.xmess/xmessrc
> info: trying to parse: /usr/X11R6/share/xmess/xmess-x11rc
> info: trying to parse: /root/.xmess/xmess-x11rc
> info: trying to parse: /usr/X11R6/share/xmess/rc/smsrc
> info: trying to parse: /root/.xmess/rc/smsrc
> Mouse/Trakball selected.
> done
> Unable to open image file wboy2.sms
> Unable to initialize machine emulation
> #
>
> The problem is:
>
> "XF86DGAQueryExtension failed"
>
> What's DGA? What can I do to solve this type of problem?
>
> Thank you.

Hi Daniel,

Look at your /etc/X11/XF86Config file, Section "Module", and then inside
this section "Module", look for SubSection "extmod". If there's a line :

Option    "omit xfree86-dga"

then comment it with a '#', and X will try to load DGA extension.

Note: DGA is not supported on all cards; if your card is supported,
XFree86-DGA will be listed as a supported extension when you run
the xdpyinfo program.

David

--
	David Ferlier -- david@netbsd-fr.org