Subject: Re: i82596 On-Board network adapter on NetBSD/i386
To: Jyry Suuntala <jyry@helzinki.net>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/13/2003 17:42:05
On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 01:06:19AM +0200, Jyry Suuntala wrote:
> Thanks for the tip. More burning questions. I've got the IRQ ready to
> rock'n roll. The machine is an ancient Epson ExpressStation. The
> manual's I/O map states that the chip has a range of 0CB0-OCB7 for the
> LAN control registers and 0CB8-0CBF for LAN glue registers. Which one

Which makes an I/O range of 16 bytes, starting at 0x0CB0.

> should I pick? I am also confused with the configuration syntax of the
> kernel config file. Are the above ranges for 'port' or for 'iomem'?
>
> In any case I guess it should be something like:
>
> ai0 at isa? port [help me] iomem [yikes!] irq 10 [plus maybe something]
>
> If the range is 0CB0-OCB7 then I assume iomem 0x0CB0. I remember having

No, iomem are usually much highter than that (in the 0xc000-0xdfff range).
I don't think they can be that low.
If your manual doesn't mention an iomem range, maybe there is none, and
it's close to an Intel EtherExpress/16 adapter. At last the ix driver
maps 16 bits of I/O space, which matches what your manual says.

Try:
ix0 at isa? port 0xcb0 irq 10