Subject: Re: have dynamic ip (well not really) and i need help getting it to work with my domain
To: None <Netbsd-help@netbsd.org, netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Bsd Neophyte <bsdneophyte@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/12/2003 17:06:36
--- Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com> wrote:
> Weren't they put in jail?

the founder and a few others are.  the company has actually filed for
chapter 11, but their service is still here... so far... knock on wood.

> That's their DHCP being wrong.  You may be able to request a long lease.
> My (ATT) experience is that in 6 months, I've got the lease I got
> on day 1.

actually i was wrong... the renewal is needed every 30 minutes.

> Google will find you many scripts.
> See also pkgsrc/net/ddclient
>
> it took me 20 seconds of google for "dyndns bsd script" to find it,
> but that's why I get the big bucks... (if anyone has big bucks for me,
> let me know :)

i have the following from no-ip.com
:http://www.no-ip.com/unixNotes.php#openbsd, but i thought something
netbsd specific along with a very simple walk-though might help me a bit
more.  this is the first time i've done this, so i don't want to mess
things up. :)