Subject: PostScript and Forth you say?
To: None <Netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <gan@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/12/2003 19:50:46
Chuck Yerkes wrote:

> Postscript has satisfied my Forth cravings.

Ah...the memories. I had used to do JForth on
my old Amiga 2000. And before that we had used
Forth at Allen Testproducts. The Allen SmartScope
engine analyser ran on one 8080 and five 8085's
all together in Forth.

Then I lernt PostScript. In fact I still use
PostScript. I have a signed copy of Lancaster's
book.

I once wrote an multichannel arbitrary function
generator in PostScript. In fact the ingrate
company what gave me the boot is STILL using it
for all their best work. Alas...

Now I do a little Perl, which fails to satisfy
for lack of an interactive shell. And I tinker
with Python. Think I'm getting in a P-language
fetish? Aught I lern Polish?

Glad to meet you,

Gan

--