Subject: i82596 On-Board network adapter on NetBSD/i386
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Jyry Suuntala <jyry@helzinki.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/10/2003 15:52:09
Hello,

I have and Intel PBA 515338 motherboard with an integrated i82596
chipset and I am searching for and answer whether this chipset is
supported or not.

Building a new kernel for NetBSD is no big deal but I am no guru with
the kernel sources so I turn to you. I found some relevant information
in /usr/src/sys/dev/ic/i82586reg.h. This file contains some references
to the i82596 chipset but I have no idea whether the 'ic' directory has
anything to do with i386 port of NetBSD.

At the moment the i82596 has irq 10 according to BIOS. I have no idea of
the i/o port. I have two 3C509C's connected as well. The first one, ep1
at isapnp0 port 0x210/16 irq 3 and the second one, ep1 at isapnp0 port
0x220/16 irq 5. These might be causing an i/o port problem but I doubt
it.

My question is that, if the i82586reh.h has something to do with i386
port, what kind of a line should I add to the kernel configuration to
get the device working.

-Jyry Suuntala