Subject: (solved) RE: How ro resolve incomplete arp entry?
To: Mihai CHELARU <kefren@netbastards.org>
From: Mike Begley <spam@hell.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/09/2003 15:12:40
>>On Monday 10 March 2003 00:28, Mike Begley wrote:
>>>
>>> Ideas on how to resolve this?
>>>
>>> -m
>>=20
>> arp -s 216.162.199.1 MAC
>>=20
>>
>=20
> Hmmmm...no joy:
>=20
> # arp -s -v 216.162.199.0 00:10:67:00:5f:6a
> cannot intuit interface index and type for 216.162.166.1
>=20
>=20
> Google does not return any obvious information on this error message.

Figured this one out myself, and it's a somewhat obscure solution.  I
forgot that about a year ago that IP address was the subject of a DDOS
attack and my ISP shut down that address, and never restored it.  I
moved the machine to another to another IP and all is good.

Seems that inbound connections worked because everything was being done
from within the house.

And tomorrow I call my ISP to get that IP address restored...

Thanks...

-m