Subject: Re: unattened boot/install question
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Beaker (aka Jeff W) <beaker@myrealbox.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/05/2003 11:01:14
> Perhaps one of the major advantages of a decent unattended installation
> system is the ability to run post-installation scripts.
> <snip>
> For me, that means a configuration file that sysinst can read which
> contains a complete specification for what sysinst should do, and then the
> ability to run a shell script after it's finished.

So maybe this is worth adding to sysinst:

---

"Welcome to NetBSD sysinst. Do you want an unattended install? [N]:"
"Enter name & location of auto-intall script [/dev/fd0a/autoinst]:
 > RTN
"Do you have a post-install script to run? [N]:
"Enter name & location of post-install script [/dev/fd0a/postinst]:
 > RTN

"NetBSD install in progress......."

---

-beaker