Subject: Re: window placement in wm
To: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
From: Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/05/2003 19:09:03
--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

On Wed, Mar 05, 2003 at 07:03:21PM +0100, Juan RP wrote:
> El Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:58:05 -0800 Ezequiel Reyes escribi=F3:
>=20
> > Could someone please tell me of a window manager (other than twm)
> > which have that feature of letting you decide where you want the
> > application you just launched to open by drawing a rectangular area
> > on the screen? I particulary like that feature, but must wm these
> > days prefer to place windows following their own politics and let
> > the programs decide about their inicial size.
> >=20
>=20
> twm for example ... it comes by default with XFree86.

twm other than twm? :)

i used to use Window Maker (wm/windowmaker) which can be configured to
do "Manual placement" of newly created windows.  i guess other window
managers can be configured this way too but i can't speak from my own
experience.

regards,

--=20
-- Lubomir Sedlacik <salo@Xtrmntr.org>                   --