Subject: Re: Trying to update Sendmail - What am I doing wrong?
To: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
From: Frederick Bruckman <fredb@immanent.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2003 17:52:32
On Tue, 4 Mar 2003, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> At 2:23 PM -0600 3/4/03, Frederick Bruckman wrote:
> >  > # cvs update -d -P -r netbsd-1-6 gnu/dist/sendmail/sendmail
> >>  anoncvs.netbsd.org: Connection refused
> >>  cvs [update aborted]: end of file from server (consult above
> >>messages if any)
> >>  #

> # ls -l CVS/Root
> -rw-r--r--  1 root  wheel  36 Sep 11 17:45 CVS/Root
> # cat CVS/Root
> anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot

Ah, so "ssh" access to anoncvs.netbsd.org is down. I just checked:

  fredb@tautology-> cvs -d anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -c
  cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server (consult above messages if any)

From your earlier post, it seems like you really wanted to use
"pserver, and at least one of the admins has stated adamantly that
pserver is nicer to the server, so it would probably be best to
convert your tree to pserver. Something like this:

  find . -type d  -name CVS \
  |(while read d
  do
      echo :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot > $d/Root
  done)

Hmm, you know, the whole server seems to be down:

  fredb@tautology-> cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@anoncvs.netbsd.org:/cvsroot co -c
  cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to anoncvs.netbsd.org:2401 failed: Connection timed out

But when it comes back up, you probably want "pserver" anyhow.
If you specify a server with "-d", it overrides what's in the
"CVS/Root"'s, but doesn't change any "CVS/Root", so you can use that
to try a different mirror until anoncvs.netbsd.org comes back up.
("co -c" just cats the module database, which is only a few lines
long, and doesn't write anything to your file system.)

Frederick