Subject: Is ALTQ functional?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gary Thorpe <gathorpe79@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2003 13:29:36
Hi,
I recently tried to add altq support to a 1.6 kernel. After reading
some man pages and adding 'option ALTQ' and 'option ALTQ_WFQ' to the
kernel configuration and building a kernel, I got altqd to start
manually (it doesn't start automatically even if altqd=YES is in
/etc/rc.conf).

Unfortunately, when I start up pppd (altq is set to install the wfq
shaper on ppp0), the kernel panicked after ppp0 was set up by pppd. It
tried to dump unsuccessfully and then rebooted, so I did not get a
chance to record anything. I have the following in /etc/altq.conf:
    interface ppp0 bandwidth 57344 wfq hash full

Is altq known to be experimental? Should I start altqd after pppd?