Subject: Re: LyX-1.3.0 (pkgsrc/print/lyx) no longer useable!
To: Sung Nae Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Miguel Mendez <flynn@energyhq.homeip.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/04/2003 21:50:17
--=./J.PRa+Uhk1o+B

On Tue, 4 Mar 2003 15:30:32 -0500
Sung Nae Cho <sucho2@vt.edu> wrote:

Howdy,

> Am I the only one having this problem with Lyx-1.3.0?  I compile
> Lyx-1.3.0 from pkgsrc and it installs.  But, when I try to open my
> files, it no longer opens.  It abruptly fails by giving error that it
> couldn't run the conversion script!  Maybe due to sudden change to
> teTeX2 with lyx-1.3.0?  Thank you.

Looks like the conversion script needs python, which isn't a dependency
of either Lyx or teTeX. Installing lang/python22 and doing `ln -s
python2.2 python' in /usr/pkg/bin has fixed it for me.

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez - flynn@energyhq.homeip.net
        GPG Public Key :: http://energyhq.homeip.net/files/pubkey.txt