Subject: dhclient/netconfiguration problems....
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Henrik Densing <superspunk@mad.scientist.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 03/01/2003 02:38:48
Hello, I've just installed NetBSD, and need to setup my internet connection. I'm connected through LAN, and so I've set dhclient=YES in /etc/rc.conf.
I get my ip, and I can ping external ip's, with for example
"ping -c 3 204.152.184.75"
However, I can't resolve addresses. The problem seems to be, that dhclient doesn't write anything to /etc/resolv.conf, and playing around with the dhclient-script, I've found that the environment variable $new_domain_name_servers is empty, although I get three seperate name servers, as displayed in /var/db/dhclient.leases
Thanks for your help.
Henrik Densing.
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup