Subject: Re: virtual consoles
To: CEBKA <CEBKA@smtp.ru>
From: Juan RP <juan@xtraeme.unixbsd.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/18/2003 14:29:57
--=.VAboYB3vkxdl.6

El Tue, 18 Feb 2003 14:55:05 +0300
CEBKA <CEBKA@smtp.ru> escribi=F3:

> Hello, all.
>=20
>    I  have a problem configuring virtual consoles. NetBSD on boot says
> that  devices  are  not  configured(WSCONS  message). How can I set up
> devices,  if they are in /dev/ttyExx(I used MAKEDEV). Not long ago all
> works OK.

You must configure the virtual consoles on /etc/ttys and /etc/wscons.conf.
Example:

------- /etc/wscons.conf -------

screen  1       -       vt100
screen  2       -       vt100
screen  3       -       vt100
screen  4       -       vt100

------- /etc/ttys ---------

ttyE0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
ttyE2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
ttyE3   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure

You must change the option `off` to `on'  on the terminals, which
you want enable.=20

Regards,
--=20
Juan RP		jrp@hispabsd.org