Subject: Re: lost interrupt
To: GDAO <GDAO@Mykotronx.com>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/06/2003 22:01:30
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 05:53:34PM -0800, GDAO wrote:
> I currently have NetBSD 1.5 on an i386 platform.  During reboot, I
> sometimes got this error, which goes away after repeating itself for a
> coupler minutes:
>
> pciide0:1:0: lost interrupt
> 	type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0
> pciide0:1:0: recal timed out
> wd1d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd1 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
> pciide0:1:0: not ready, st=0x00, err=0x00
> wd1d: device timeout reading fsbn 0 (wd1 bn 0; cn 0 tn 0 sn 0), retrying
>
> Has anyone had this problem before and know what caused this?
> Thanks in advance for any information you have on this.

Do you really have a hard drive on the secondary channel of the IDE
controller ? I suspect this is a ghost.
Try upgrading to the 1.5 branch (or maybe 1.5.3 is enoyth), it may be
fixed here.
I'm almost sure it's fixed in 1.6
As a workaround you can compile your kernel with
wd0 at pciide? channel ? drive ? flags 0x0000
instead of
wd* at pciide? channel ? drive ? flags 0x0000
in the kernel config file.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>