Subject: we(4): setting media in kernel config possible?
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Ingolf Steinbach <ingolf-200301@steinba.ch>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/28/2003 13:07:06
Hi,

one of my machines has a WD8013EPC Ethernet (16-bit) based
network card which is connected via AUI + Transceiver. I'd
like to boot this machine via bootparam (after loading the
kernel from local disk).

Is it possible to set the media type for this card to AUI
via the kernel configuration (for instance via the flags for
we1)?

At the moment, I have to
1) boot the machine via local disk to single user mode
2) use ifconfig to switch we1 to AUI
3) reboot (now bootparam works as the correct medium is used).

(It might be possibly to configure the card via jumper, but
unfortunately I do not have a manual for it.)

Kind regards
    Ingolf