Subject: Re: i386 ISO boots now but...
To: dieter <dieter@OpenSource.rave.org>
From: J.D. Bronson <jeff@xpec.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/26/2003 16:53:16
At 04:45 PM 1/26/2003, dieter wrote:
>J.D. Bronson to netbsd-help@netbsd.org about i386 ISO boots now but...:
>
> > Ok...I found my issue and reburned the ISO :) and now it booted.
> > But with a new scsi drive, netbsd cannot seem to figure out the disk's
> > geometry.....
>
>This is in the FAQ for the i386 port.
>http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/faq.html#determining_geometry
>

>dieter

This is all fine, but I dont have a floppy drive. :(
Since this a scsi drive, I dont even have access to old DOS.

I read the FAQ and obviously either I am missing this, or it was not of
much help. I hope someone out there has experience with similar equipment
to what I have....then hopefully they will offer further information.

I have the same trouble with other versions of *bsd, but freebsd.

Perhaps I should install Freebsd on this drive to get the MBR setup so that
netbsd can 'read' it ? .....

:-/

--
J.D. Bronson
Aurora Health Care // Information Systems // Milwaukee, WI USA