Subject: Re: Fonts under XFree86 help
To: S. N. Cho <sucho2@vt.edu>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 01/20/2003 09:47:19
On Mon, 20 Jan 2003, S. N. Cho wrote:

> Sorry to ask X question on NetBSD.  I am using NetBSD 1.6 with XFree86
> 4.2 and trying to figure out the way to change the default font size for
> default x apps such as xedit.  At the moment, the fonts in xedit is very
> big, looks like some size 16 or something.  Does anyone know how to set
> the default font size for all default x apps or is this possible at all?
>  Thank you very much.

xedit uses standard X resources, so I looked at
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults/Xedit. It showed a bunch of font
information:

*editModes.C.properties:\
keyword?font=*courier-bold-r*12*,\
preprocessor?font=*courier-medium-r*12*,\
comment?font=*courier-medium-o*12*,\
string?font=*lucidatypewriter-medium-r*12*,\
constant?font=*lucidatypewriter-medium-r*12*,\
octal?font=*courier-bold-r*12*&overstrike,\
hexa?font=*courier-bold-r*12*&underline,\
integer?font=*courier-bold-r*12*,\
float?font=*courier-bold-r*12*&overstrike&underline,\
punctuation?font=*courier-bold-r*12*,\
error?foreground=white&background=black&font=*new century
schoolbook-bold*25*,\
default?font=*courier-medium-r*12*

I didn't try anything, but maybe you can change this X resource (maybe in
a ~/.Xresources file. And then do "xrdb -merge $HOME/.Xresources".

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/