Subject: Re: updating netbsd
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: joerch <helix@mayn.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/31/2002 16:15:08
> This usually works on NetBSD also unless the change is big
> enough i.e. see previous paragraph.

hmm ok, looks like with freebsd.

> The definitive explanation of how releases are archived
> and where the INSTALL documentation is buried is here:
> http://netbsd.gw.com/cgi-bin/man-cgi?release++NetBSD-current
>
> The INSTALL document for NetBSD 1.6 is here:
> ftp://ftp.at.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/NetBSD-1.6/i386/

after a little more searching, i found this:

http://www.bsdtoday.com/2001/December/Features605.html

can someone tell me is that a clean and safe way to update ?

it looks ok, nearly same procedure like on freebsd.
only the lines:

# cd /usr/src
# make build

does this the whole build of the system binaries, like ls ... !?

i hope so ;) because it is not to difficult ;) so i can do it
without thinking to much.

--
gruesse

joerg "joerch" buechner