Subject: Re: Dual Monitors with NetBSD 1.6 for x86
To: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Stefan Schumacher <stefan@net-tex.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/29/2002 20:43:44
On Sun, 29 Dec 2002, Jeff Flowers wrote:

> I have just be given a second monitor from a friend who wanted a flat-screen
> LCD screen for his Windows box. I think that it would be cool to run X with
> two monitors but I have never seen this done before.
>
> Would it be better to buy a single video card that has two video outputs or
> add a PCI card to my system? I already have an AGP card.

A second CRT is only usable in X, so you you can use a cheap PCI card for
it.

> Also, if you have a PCI and AGP video card in NetBSD, how will NetBSD
> configure both of them?

It can be configured for X via editing /etc/XF86Config or using xf86cfg.
There are also a lot of WWW-Sites available which handle that problem.

> How does it decide which is the default video card
> to use?

This is done via Bios, you can either use AGP or PCI as boot up
Graphicdevice, the one used will be the primary card.

--
$> man woman
$> segmentation fault (core dumped)

[http://www.net-tex.de]