Subject: Re: mozilla make error
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Gan Uesli Starling <alias@starling.us>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/26/2002 20:01:47
On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:16:33AM +0100, The FreeQuest wrote:

>>May be is a newbie question but when I try to make the pkgsrc
>>mozilla-stable, i got error *****Error Code 1, any ideas?

FYI have installed mozilla 1.2.1 (not stable) from pkgsrc
two days ago on NetBSD 1.6 for i386. No problems. Seems to
work fine. I am answering this email with it...in fact.

Mozilla 1.2 works better for XML/XSLT, especially if has
background graphics. See example XML at:

http://starling.us/xml/gus_books.xml

So if stable is a problem at your end, the newer, not-so-stable
might be okay...

All the make errors I have ever suffered turned out to be
one of two things:

1. Lack of license in /etc/mk.conf
2. Corrupt tarball.

For the latter all I had to do was search Google for clones
of that same tarball, then put in /usr/pkgsrc_distfiles as
per The NetBSD Guide. I have examples of this latter in this
how-to URL...

http://starling.us/gus_netbsd/gus_netbsd_too-big_pkgsrc.html

...which is dated but still valid.

Regards,