Subject: Re: Sendmail newbie question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@2003.snew.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/25/2002 12:38:20
when sendmail starts up it gets it's identity by probing the
interfaces and doing a reverse lookup.  Either put a fqdn in
/etc/hosts or, better, put the machines into DNS.

OSI - that's the protocol that will displace TCP/IP by 1993, right?
Developed in a clean room by people not hindered by actual real
world use or testing.  At least it gave us that pretty 7 layer stack.

Quoting Philip Christian (philipchristian2003@yahoo.co.uk):