Subject: Re: Ximian Evolution
To: Al Urbaitis <avu@lanl.gov>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/24/2002 23:41:59
On Thu, 19 Dec 2002 @ 7:41am (-0700), Al Urbaitis wrote:

AU> Hello All
AU> I am trying to use Ximian Exolution 1.0.8.
AU> I am having trouble getting functions
AU> like the calendar and contact list to work.
AU>
AU> These functions seem to depend on a particular
AU> version of Sleepy Cats libdb to work
AU> (db-3.1.17)
AU>
AU> It seems I don't have any version of this library
AU> installed and so I had a look at the available
AU> packages.I came across db-3 and db-4 but with
AU> much different version numbers (db3-3.11.2)
AU>
AU> It seems the right version is here...
AU> http://www.sleepycat.com/update/snapshot/db-3.1.17.tar.gz
AU>
AU> I need a little help with strategy here...
AU> I am under the impression I have to build Ximian from

...the pkgsrc version (should be 1.2.1 now) has a few patches to get around
that Ximian stupidity.

-lava

AU> source and some how integrate db-3.1.17.
AU>
AU> Might someone help me with the correct recipe ?
AU>
AU> Al

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973

"There are only two things infinite:  The universe, and human stupidity.  And I'm not to sure about the first one."  -Albert Einstein