Subject: Re: driver for parallel LCD display
To: Nicolas Saurbier <Nicolas.Saurbier@biodata.de>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/24/2002 11:45:11
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002 @ 1:01pm (+0100), Nicolas Saurbier wrote:

NS> Hi Folks,
NS>
NS> I found a LCD display that I successfully connected to the parallel port of my Windows PC.

...did it appear in dmesg(8) at all? normally the kernel doesn't probe
devices attached to paraell ports.

send your dmesg and search the mailing list archives, failing that
send-pr(1).

-lava

NS> Now I´m looking for a driver and a tool for NetBSD, that allows me to print out something
NS> on the display.
NS>
NS> I found a tool called LCDProc at http://lcdproc.omnipotent.net/index.php3 Has anyone of you
NS> ever installed it?
NS>
NS> Any Idea?
NS>
NS> NIC

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973

"Any sufficiently low technology is indistinguishable from hard work."